Friday, June 11, 2004

MORE NEW BABY PHOTOS

Well, not of our baby, but of a couple of new arrivals over the past few months.

First up, William Gardner, son of Matthew and Dana Gardner, Seattle Principal of my company and his wife. William was born a premie, but he's adding weight and growing quite quickly every day. Here's a shot of him sleeping quite soundly and happily based on his smile.

William Gardner


Second, Noah Chow-Monreal of Waco, Texas. His mother, Inga Chow, is an old friend from Baylor and his father is another alum, Richard Monreal. Looks like little Noah is excited about getting teeth!

Noah Chow-Monreal



IS THIS LINE OF QUESTIONING GOING ANYWHERE?

Yesterday, I had the privelage of testifying before a hearings examiner in Seattle as an expert witness regarding negative economic impacts of construction activities on nearby business.. noise, closed lanes, etc. It was a bit stressful, but it was a great experience. In fact, it was my first time to be an expert witness like that.

I apparently did an okay job because opposing counsel got a bit flustered.. rubbing his eyes and red-faced in frustration. I didn't stonewall, but he just wasn't able poke many holes in my study, his primary job. At one point, counsel for my clients while leaning back in his chair, turned to the hearings examiner and asked if the opposition's line of questioning was going anywhere. It's a question that comes as close to a slam of opposing counsel as one can get in such a formal setting.

I haven't heard how the rest of it went, but all should be well.

No comments: