Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome to 35-44

This past birthday was a rite of passage: I'm now part of the significantly less-important 35-44 age demographic. Far fewer television shows, movies, music, etc. will be (fruitlessly) geared towards me because I'm almost certainly socking away more money for retirement and children than the spendthrift 25-34 cohort.

The problem is that advertisers also care WAY too much about what Gabriel thinks... one seriously understands why cereal, candy, toys, etc. are placed the way they are in stores and when/what type of print and broadcast ads are running. Ugh.

And I can already say new "music" is definitely getting way too loud, too and I don't even begin to understand it. I'll only start worrying when I stop chuckling at the guy throwing the football through the tire swing in that TV ad.

P.S. The recent, new Mattel toy recall does not affect anything Gabriel plays with at grandparents' houses to the best of my knowledge. It's really an older-child toy recall.

No comments: