Wednesday, April 18, 2007

When We Can't Be There

Listening to the music will just have to do.

I don't listen all the time, but traditional Hawaiian music has a special place in my heart. Like mariachi, little else transports me to travel memories like Hawaiian music.

So today, I've been listening to AM 940 based out of Honolulu. All Traditional Hawaiian, All The Time!

I distinctly remember listening to AM 940 when driving at night on Kaua'i. On the meandering road from Anini to Kilauea to pick up an occasional smoked ono pizza at Pau Hana Pizza, I could hear lapping ocean waves through the driver's side window, AM 940 gently playing in the car, Kilauea Lighthouse beaming in the distance, and oh the moon and stars in the glare-free night sky.

Until we can return, a live music feed on the internet will suffice.

No comments: